BRONWYN'S JUICE-PULP-NON-FICTION!


View my page on Global Juice Feast
                         
WELCOME!

Please join me on this 92-day-turned 108-day juice journey!

You may subscribe to these posts so that arrive directly into your e-mail inbox by scrolling to the bottom of the page and clicking Subscribe!

ENJOY!

Oh My!  I did 108 days on juice, exceeding the 92!

I'm still blogging post-feast, so keep checking in!

Monday, May 12, 2008

GREAT BOOK NEWS on this Day 73!



Today has been a terrific day: from heading downtown to buy some pants with a gift certificate I'd been given at Christmas (now only finally did I feel good/comfortable enough to try some on!), to helping Simi with her grade one research project on Orca whales, to receiving an out-of-the-blue e-mail from the publisher of Simply Read Books. About three years ago I had a book accepted by them for publication: A Gulf Islands Alphabet. It was a non-traditional alphabet book those wove stories about the islands around here (the northern half of the San Juan Islands for my American readers!). Then for the past year-and-a-half, communication ceased. I was not receiving responses to my e-mails or anything...until tonight. I received a two-line note that said that they had found a suitable illustrator, and that they were extremely excited. Part of my wanting to get the book out there in a timely fashion was that in 2010, the Winter Olympics are coming here, which will mean a big tourist influx, plus there has also been the recent creation of the Gulf Islands National Park (more people!). So I'm thrilled!

Other news: I'M DOWN 30 POUNDS!

And...I've decided I'll do my feast for 108 days. At this point, I want to stop on a number that has some significance to me...so, 108 beads on a Bhuddhist mala.

I'm trying to encourage Ayrie of our Victoria Juice Luck group to design a small tattoo for the four of us...to commenmorate this extraordinary life-altering journey!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

congratualtions on your book! ohmigoodness! bronwyn! that is so exciting! ill definitely buy a copy ;)
congrats on your 30 lbs too !! ;)

108, eh? not sure ill be sticking with you for that number, but that is so awesome you found a number that resonates for you. maybe i need to meditate on finding the number for myself as well. or maybe check out the moon phases in that stretch of days.

so sad i wont see you this weekend!
blessings to you!