BRONWYN'S JUICE-PULP-NON-FICTION!


View my page on Global Juice Feast
                         
WELCOME!

Please join me on this 92-day-turned 108-day juice journey!

You may subscribe to these posts so that arrive directly into your e-mail inbox by scrolling to the bottom of the page and clicking Subscribe!

ENJOY!

Oh My!  I did 108 days on juice, exceeding the 92!

I'm still blogging post-feast, so keep checking in!

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Day 1 of Mini-Juice Feast...!


Yes, so I was feeling it....
feeling like I needed a little digestive re-charge...
a little re-connection with what I'm putting in my body....

I had fallen into a bit of a rut...where I was getting little to no variety in my diet. Every morning was a warm (bordering on hot) smoothie of raw cacao, raw mesquite, 1 - 2 bananas, cayenne, sometimes cardammom, and then a spoon of tahini or honey or something to sweeten it.

I was doing a lot of smoothies -- or more like it, a lot of bananas -- I started worrying about getting too much sugar. I was having salads - but more occasionally - there was no juice to be seen in my diet -- and no green smoothies. I was snacking a lot -- namely ample amounts of heaping spoonfulls of nut and seed butters.....I was craving nuts...and couldn't really control my intake...I downed a small jar of raw cashew butter for dinner last week...and had even eaten a jar of peanut butter (organic, but not raw) over the course of a day-and-a-half. I wasn't feeling very on it. And I was putting on weight...albeit, everyone around me was saying things like 'you look really vibrant, Bronwyn' and 'you look so healthy'. I felt healthy...except I knew I could feel healthier...I had before. I recognized the pattern and rut. And so I am now addressing it!

We spent the weekend on Lasqueti...where I was able to re-connect with the sensation of having dirt under my fingernails. First stop: we went to a friend's yard and gathered a big bag of King apples, and before leaving, I picked a big bag of kale and greens that were getting tough (yet perfect for juicing) and brought them home --

Yay! Juice --

So today was DAY 1 of an impromptu juice feast...plus got a B12 shot today!
Feeling good -

How long will I go? Not sure....at least today....likely a few!

Keep me posted on how you all are doing out there!

Cheers,
Bronwyn

(The photo was taken on Lasqueti at the end of August!)

No comments: