BRONWYN'S JUICE-PULP-NON-FICTION!


View my page on Global Juice Feast
                         
WELCOME!

Please join me on this 92-day-turned 108-day juice journey!

You may subscribe to these posts so that arrive directly into your e-mail inbox by scrolling to the bottom of the page and clicking Subscribe!

ENJOY!

Oh My!  I did 108 days on juice, exceeding the 92!

I'm still blogging post-feast, so keep checking in!

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Frozen pee!


Now either that title served to draw you in...or repulsed you completely...to the point where you might choose not to read on!

But there is truth in the matter --
over the weekend I did a 48 hour urine collection to determine my copper and zinc levels -- collecting pee, storing it in containers in the fridge, and then sending off a couple little viles, after being frozen, through international courier service to the University of Michigan Hospital lab -- I am hoping for positive results. I did the same test a couple weeks ago here, with the results being sent to Vancouver to the Children's Hospital (why Children's I do not know) -- but those results aren't in yet, and the ones from Michigan will be a lot more precise.

With the knowledge they will provide, I'll be able to gauge my nuts consumption with solid figures to base my judgments on! I'm looking forward to being able to do so...

On the weekend I went for my first ever trip to Costco. Well, as you imagine, I was not avidly turned on - I did find an awesome deal on enviro-friendly laundry soap and some new sheets - but when I got to the end of the store where they sell all the grotesque food en mass -- all you need: 55 packs of Kraft dinner, and 28 hotdogs...yikes! it was one of the only time I've been truly repulsed in a food store. I handle just fine the majority of the time. I got out of the glutonous food aisles as fast I got in. I was told they occasionally have good deals on organics -- I wasn't prepared to wade through to find them.

So...last time I figured I might introduce quinoa -- as of today, I have not.

One week left of school, projects getting final touches on them and put together. I've been working on conceiving and building a set model for Edward Albee's The American Dream-- great play -- a recommended read. I've really enjoyed this term. Very stimulating.

One thing that has been interesting is that I have been gaining weight. I expected to. Initially I thought I would immediately post-juice feast. But no. In fact I lost a bit more. Then it was as we entered fall. And initially for the first couple months - Sept and Oct. -- I stayed relatively the same. But it seems as if in the last month, I've gained about 7 or 8 pounds. I'm not sure of the accuracy of any of these numbers considering I've got a scale that is not exact...but I'm feeling a bit heavier. I have fewer protruding bones on my sternum and my cheeks are filling in a bit -- but I do notice is that when I felt best, was at a few pounds lighter. There is also the possibility that I'm gaining heavier muscle...I've started to work on my abs for about 5 minutes ever morning and evening - for two reasons: I do have more of a loose, distended belly area ever since pregnancy and I also need to gain strength for working on Lasqueti this summer. Helping build the house and clear land will take strength and stamina!

Oh! and I'd like a clarification, if anyone knows the answer -- this morning I had unpasteurized miso soup for breakfast -- (delicious variety from Denman Island, BC) -- so I was told that the soybeans in miso are simple fermented - not roasted first and then fermented. Is that right?! So unpasteurized miso raw? do tell....do tell.

Au revoir,
Ciao,
And good night!

No comments: