BRONWYN'S JUICE-PULP-NON-FICTION!


View my page on Global Juice Feast
                         
WELCOME!

Please join me on this 92-day-turned 108-day juice journey!

You may subscribe to these posts so that arrive directly into your e-mail inbox by scrolling to the bottom of the page and clicking Subscribe!

ENJOY!

Oh My!  I did 108 days on juice, exceeding the 92!

I'm still blogging post-feast, so keep checking in!

Friday, November 21, 2008

Election and quinoa?


Hey there...

in my last post I mentioned that I was heading up to Lasqueti for the election - well Nov.15th was the day -- and was the day I lost by 10 votes! It was disappointing -- but considering the fact that I don't currently live on Lasqueti -- it's a pretty darn amazing that I received so many votes! It was likely a blessing in disguise though, as now I can focus on teaching my Action Theater more prolifically and sending my writing off without a brutal up-and-down to the island sort of lifestyle! I had 6 great years - and who knows, I might try again one year!
My trip to Lasqueti was wonderful in the sense that I did get to meet my new little land partner Basha born on Nov.3rd and got to spend time on our new housesite!

So...still raw. Was very tempted to introduce some cooked rice to a salad when I was on Lasqueti - but I think my first inclusion will be cooked quinoa so that I get the protein. I also got some sprouted brown rice protein powder to add to smoothies. I do know that I need to add a little more oomph to my diet. My protein numbers were within range, but on the low end - they should be higher to further my healing! So what was breakfast? Sprouted chickpea hummus and carrots! Yum!

No comments: