BRONWYN'S JUICE-PULP-NON-FICTION!


View my page on Global Juice Feast
                         
WELCOME!

Please join me on this 92-day-turned 108-day juice journey!

You may subscribe to these posts so that arrive directly into your e-mail inbox by scrolling to the bottom of the page and clicking Subscribe!

ENJOY!

Oh My!  I did 108 days on juice, exceeding the 92!

I'm still blogging post-feast, so keep checking in!

Thursday, July 31, 2008

Raw summer lovin'!

I am on a RAW HIGH!

Today I went to my friend Hezi's newly opened raw restaurant: Café Bliss (for all you locals it's next to Mo:Le on Pandora in Victoria -- go! go! go!) -- it was absolutely, phenomenally sensational. My daughter had sweet crackers, with almond butter and jam, plus a strawberry smoothie with almond mylk -- I had the Baja Plate: yam chips with macadamia/cashew nt sour cream, freash salsa, and guacamole! To die for! 100% raw and 100% organic! I'm so proud of Hezi (Hezi is Katrina's younger sister, and Ayrie's daughter, for those of you loyal followers).

So.......

Last night, we rolled in from a terrific week-and-half family holiday...summer fun!



First, we went to the three day-long Vancouver Folk Festival -- amazing music (and the festival had a raw food stand this year -- but as word spread, they quickly sold out!) -- Michael Franti and Spearhead played -- what an incredible, inspiring show! For the entire weekend, we were surrounded by family and friends and positivity. What joy.

Next we headed up to the Okanagan part of the province, stopping firstly at the Similikameen River, which I named my daughter after. The Okanagan is the fruit-growing area --and my Grampa has an organic orchard -- I gorged on pounds and pounds (most literally) of cherries and apricots! Having the runs doesn't even come close to describing cherry-butt!

Then off to Nelson, to visit with Paddy's son Cedar. Fun times, including outdoor markets, raw cafés (note the plural), river rafting, and more! Wonderful times.

Heading back west, we stopped at the Kettle River -- old gold mining territory from the gold rush era. More river rafting, and more sun.

By this time, I felt that my eating schedule was off -- Paddy and I were both suffering from the runs -- and I felt 5 - 10 pounds heavier from the fruit. Turns out, as I weighed myself this morning, that I've lost a couple pounds. This morning I did get up and juice: pineapple, strawberries, pear, and orange -- just craving a bit more liquid. I also replenished my olive supply, and set out some chickpeas and sprouts to soak.

It looks like Simi and I will head to Lasqueti on Wednesday -- in the meantime, this weekend, we'll be partaking in the free music festivities downtown in honour of BC DAY: the Symphony Splash and a concert with Sarah McLaughlan and Feist!

Now, I will settle down to read my Shambala Sun Magazine...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just caught up on all your archives and I feel so blessed to have found them. Thank you so much for sharing your gracious spirit. You have such a lovely family and I look forward to following your new adventures.

I got married in Victoria and absolutely fell in love with the place. Yea for Re-Bar!

Bronwyn said...

Thanks so much for your comments both here and on my globaljuicefeast page -- it's been a journey, one that now is an a serious upturn. Juicing was amazing for me! -- if you go to www.globaljuicefeast.com (not the green room site) you'll find an archive of videos of our Victora JuiceLuck weekly gatherings -- perhaps you've seen them. They're all under Ayrie's videos! Keep in touch. Have you started a juice feast?