BRONWYN'S JUICE-PULP-NON-FICTION!


View my page on Global Juice Feast
                         
WELCOME!

Please join me on this 92-day-turned 108-day juice journey!

You may subscribe to these posts so that arrive directly into your e-mail inbox by scrolling to the bottom of the page and clicking Subscribe!

ENJOY!

Oh My!  I did 108 days on juice, exceeding the 92!

I'm still blogging post-feast, so keep checking in!

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Juice Feasting Green Room!


A photo of me...just a few weeks back...holding the newest member of our Lasqueti land co-op: Basha! I include this photo as I have started adding in on some of the Juice Feasting Green Room's discussion forums -- and have told JFers that they can follow my journey over 108 days through this blog. There are other fabulous documentating-style blogs of Juice Feasts out there - peruse and find your favourites. Raw "guru" Angela Stokes also wrote an e-book on her 92 day juice journey, whch can be purchased from www.rawreform.com - it's a good read too.
So this photo is included to illustrate how I am doing now! Questions have been asked of me regarding did I keep the weight off, etc. --

The answer to that is I dropped 48 pounds over the juice feast, once I transitioned to solids (predominantly salads, olives, fruits) I continued to lose -- in the height of the summer I was 96 pounds - and starting to ring some alarm bells for people - some saying I was getting a bit skeletal. I felt great, but do realize that I was perhaps about 4 pounds or 5 under what would have been best. I have traditionally been a heavy set person, and so I enjoyed the ease and fluidity of the lack of weight. I felt like a whole new person post JF - from a cellular level out and up.

Now it's December, and through the Fall I would vary between the 96 and 100 pounds -- I expected I would have put more on, but no. Now in December, I'm up to 110 roughly. People say I look great...but my optimum comfort and lightness of being resides a little less - about 5 pounds less. Did three days on smoothies - but ended up making up for loss of solids and the subsequent days ate much more!

Today I'm really into spinach salads, with my freshly made organic purple cabbage w/garlic and cumin infused sauerkraut (natural source of B12 and awesome digestive enzymes), and some raisins...and a dressing of raw apple cider vinegar (omega is the best brand - with mother), olive oil, high quality course salt, pepper, unpasturized brown rice miso -- lovely, simple.

Juicing more again too.

Am adding a sprouted brown rice protein powder to some of my smoothies too.

Just made great Carob Almond Bars for a cookie exchange I went to - mine being the only raw ones:

1 c. sunflower seeds
1 c. raisins
2 T. raw honey
2 T. carob powder
1 c. almond butter
1/2 c. sesame seeds (optional)

In food processor, chop all seeds/nuts. Add remainder of ingredients to make smooth thick paste. Roll into 1" balls, roll in finely shredded coconut.

Makes 2 dozen

*** note from Michelle: the sesame seeds are optional, but I suggest using them --- makes the texture like a Nestle Crunch Bar

- from Wholistic Life Center
Please note I tried making these at first in my Blendtec blender - food processor is the key!


The following are some shots of me over the course of my feast:

DAY 2:



2 or 3 weeks in:


DAY 24:



IN HOSPITAL ABOUT ONE MONTH IN:


All of a sudden there were uploading errors -- but I'll continue when able to do 1 week post feast, 2 weeks, etc.


Cheers, Bronwyn

No comments: